Tuesday

I'm Back - Sort Of

I'm back, but not really. Ever since my middle-of-the-night-revelation this past spring I have been on a blog break. It has been wonderful. I have let go of the pressure to post thought-provoking material, and have dedicated that time to helping those in my care get back on our feet. These last 2 years have been a roller-coaster ride. Not a Batman dangling-feet type ride (top speed non-stop twists & turns), more like a Screamin' Eagle type ride (moderate speed, slow climbs and quick dips.)

My husband lost his job in April, for the 2nd time in 2 years. This summer we dove heart-first into a business ownership opportunity that had our entire family on Cloud 9. That failed. Now, we are finally back on track. Maybe not COMPLETELY on track, but at the very least we are in line for the Ferris Wheel. (Why is it called that anyway, anyone know Mr. Ferris?) My husband has a new job, we started our homeschool last week, Rachel turned one, I have found a pre-school for Gideon, and we made some amazing real-life friends this summer. I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the view from the top of the Ferris Wheel. But, something tells me there's a Tony Hawk's Big Spin right around the corner. Can you tell we've spent a few days at Six Flags this summer?

Anywhoo. Even though I haven't posted in a while (a long while) I have been easing my way back into the blogosphere by reading some of my favorites. I have received so much encouragement, wisdom and inspiration. Thank you bloggy friends. It's an odd thing to feel such comfort from complete strangers. But, because of those strangers I can sense that my feet are more firmly on the ground.

So, I'm here. I'll probably be doing more reading (lurking) than posting; but it won't be long until my red-headedness pops back into shape. You've been warned.

2 comments:

janjanmom said...

It's that 6 flags commercial that hooked you, right? Welcome back to bloggyworld...post often.

Cat said...

Hey Kristin - glad to hear the update - didn't know all of that about the job change. I am sure that is very stressful - what happened? Fill me in on the details! -C