Thursday

Obsessed I Am

So as to not make this a political blog, I thought I'd post something completely opposite. Completely unlike me. This time of the year I can often be found plunked in front of the television for hours on end. To watch the political debates? No. Not so noble. Instead, I am admitting my obsession for .....

the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

Yep, the season of tryouts has ended and soon the recap will make it's way into my living room. The show should be R-rated, but does that stop me? Nope. I don't know what it is, but I am seriously obsessed.

There, I said it - now you know my little, dark secret.

It must take me back to my days as a cheerleader, and as a small child when my goal in life was to become a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Back in the day that was probably a good role model for a child. The women who cheer for the Cowboys today are well-rounded and intelligent; but the level of immodesty has skyrocketed.

Does that stop me? Nope. I will tune in to every episode, and watch it multiple times. I will cry during the final episode and I will not be able to explain to my husband why I am so enthralled with this show. I guess I'm another victim of reality tv. Thank you CMT for airing the next season, and thank you for the marathon episodes, and thank you for contributing to about 20 hours of veg out time for me.

I sense a tv fast coming in January.

Go Cowboys!

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hey - if that is your darkest secret, I think you'll be ok (surprising though - never knew this about you) but I also didn't know you refused to see movies just because people said you should - you are a feisty little thing (comes with the red hair - I agree)