Wednesday

Works For Me Wednesday - Shoeboxes


Ever wonder how other families manage to keep all the kids games stored? I do. Ours always seem to be strewn about 5 different rooms, pieces missing, or game boards ripped in two. So, now I use shoeboxes to store them. Instead of keeping the original box that the game comes in, I take out all the game pieces (sometimes using zip lock bags for little pieces) and store in a large shoebox. I'm not sure why the shoebox lid holds up better than the game box lid, but it does. So, instead of throwing out the box those new shoes came in just head to your kids' room and start sorting! You can even decorate the box to make it look cute. Works for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We use ziplock bags for little pieces too. What would we do without those things? My MIL says she doesn't know how she raised 5 kids in the late 50s and 60s without them!

Alison said...

I use ziploc bags for the pieces too. We put the boards and the baggies in a drawer built into my daughter's bed. But I will keep your idea in mind!
Alison

Scribbit said...

We use the 2-gallon or 1-gallon Ziploc bags for the games themselves and for puzzles too. Saves a ton of space.

*carrie* said...

Great idea, Kristin! Thanks for commenting on my blog today.