Wednesday

How Much Is Enough?

The other day I went to the store, and I noticed that the Easter paraphernalia took up 3 huge aisles. It's not March yet, and I'm already sick of it. Easter, to me, is such a quiet, solemn time for reflection about Jesus and what He did for us. All the eggs and bunnies and candy just cloud it all. But, as I was thinking about this upcoming Easter I remembered back a few years when Mel Gibson's movie, The Passion of the Christ came out. That movie inspired me, and so many others. After watching the movie, there was one thought that kept coming back to me....."How much blood was enough?" I couldn't stop thinking about it. I still vividly remember the scene when Jesus is being beaten beyond recognition. Every drop of blood that was spilled was for you, it was for me. But, He could have stopped it. One drop should have been enough, right? He was flawless. But, no - He allowed His whole self to be sacrificed, to be broken - every drop of blood. He gave it all.

I'm not a songwriter by any means. But, these words poured out of me after seeing the movie. Have a blessed Resurrection Day.

I walk down that long dirty road and I wonder … how much?
I hear them yell and see their hate and I wonder…how much?
I feel the pain and taste the blood and I ask…
Father, how much blood is enough to save the sin of this world?
Is this enough?
And He says…… not yet.

I listen to the curses they hurl and I wonder…how much?
I feel them tear my flesh and I wonder…how much?
I feel the pain and taste the blood and I ask…Father, how much blood is enough to save the sin of this world?
Is this enough?
And He says…not yet.

CHORUS:
Father, my body is torn and broken!
Is this enough to save the sins of the world?
And He says…not yet.
Abba, the time has come! I have nothing left!
Is this enough to save the sins of the world?
And He says…not yet.

BRIDGE:
Here I am Father, at your right hand,
Behold your children! They are tired and ready.
Abba, is it time to bring your beloved home?
And He says… My work is not done…not yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really a touching song. The words are perfect. I, too, am so exasperated by each holiday going up in the stores earlier and earlier and especially Easter. It's hard for kids to understand minimal when everyone else is getting toys and candy. That's not what it's about but so many children have no idea.