Saturday

Dumb Questions

We've all heard the phrase, "There's no such thing as a dumb question." right? I'm not so sure that's true. Maybe I've been working retail for too many hours in a row, but here's my rant for the week:

We sell animated animals, among other games and toys. We have pigs, penguins, cats, dogs, etc. Sometimes I turn the batteries on and let the animals go at it. The pig oinks, the cat meows, and the penguin waddles.

I cannot begin to tell you the number of people who walk up to the display, and ask, "So, what does the dog do?"

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It takes all I have in me not to be rude and say, "She quacks."

5 comments:

janjanmom said...

I think it will work if you say it really sweetly and then laugh. People are soooooo much fun.

Karen said...

Thanks for a good laught!

robbieniccum said...

so, what do they do???? LOL

WOW!

Anonymous said...

My favorite was always the "How much is this?" Let's just turn it over and look!!!
Candy

El Shaddai Ranch said...

Oh, Candy that was a good one too - most people would apologize if they didn't find the price for themselves, but the people that were just too lazy to turn it over and figure it out really got to me too - I keep telling myself, "Jesus loves this person, too" and smile really big!