Monday

Christianity and Liberalism

As I've mentioned before, I am trying to find my place in the categorized, denominational, seeker-sensitive, relevant, smorgasboard of modern theology. I don't know where I belong, but I know where I don't.

My friend wrote a book review and I wanted to note his thoughts on Christianity and Liberalism ...
Read this book and it will change your world. Preach this and people will call you intolerant, narrow, and divisive. Great. Christianity is what it is. Being steadfast and faithful to the Word of God and to the doctrines it contains is not popular, but it is the difference between life and death. Jesus, Peter, and Paul were not tolerant or broad-minded when it came to what Christianity was (and is) and why it was necessary to believe certain things. Too many people today who call themselves Christians believe that they are believers and love Jesus. The problem is that they don’t hold to what the Bible states, and they believe in a Jesus that is not Biblical.

No comments: