Wednesday

Motherhood

That is a wonderful word. It makes me smile. NOW, it makes me smile. It used to cause a confused look to come over my face. But, after 4 children (my uterus is currently occupied with another blessing) I have learned a thing or two. "Mother" is my highest calling. With Mother's Day coming up, I have been thinking about this great job I have and reflecting on the wonderful heritage I was given. I love this quote by Barbara at Mommy Life...

It's all about choice. Motherhood isn't about whether I feel up to the job or
what kind of mood I'm in each day. As Doctor Dobson says, love isn't a feeling
but a decision. So too, much of who we become as mothers is based on our own
choice.


Happy Mother's Day to you. I pray that you and I will choose to be what our children need us to be, and what our heavenly Father created us to be (no matter what this world tells us we should be.) "I have no greater joy than to know my children walk in truth." 3 John 4


No comments: